What is agile?
- Being able to respond to change quickly
- Being able to outwit larger predators
Just because you are Agile doesn't mean you are agile
- Following an Agile framework doesn't grant those attributes
- Instead, you need to be intentional. Ask yourself what it means to be agile, and find ways to be closer to that
- Agile isn't necessarily the best strategy. You don't want to be agile building a rocket.
Dream Paths|The Intelligent Rebel|Success is about Rules, not Money
- Conway's law teaches us to look at the structure of the organization - we may need to change it to become more agile
- Slice vertically rather than horizontally to increase cohesion and deliver change sooner
- Have everyone deploy straight to master to avoid integration issues.
- Use Feature Flags to branch - they are far more controllable and flexible than version control
- Remove any other gates (looking at you PRs!) to integrating several times a day to ensure everyone has access to the latest and greatest ideas and resources
- Deliver the code continuously to end customers. This makes them happy, forces a higher sense of quality, and helps to address fears of failure.
Faster or Sooner|Shorten Feedback Cycles|Wait... this is risky, isn't it?
These are not the end all be all
Browse More Presentations