Value is more than just cash
What is a valuable business?
Is it just a business that generates a lot of cash?
Value is subjective, so no… but what else is there?
Consider these questions:
- How much good is put into the world as part of the business process?
- How much time is spent working on the business vs in the business?
- Does the business bring a smile, frown, or confusion to people’s faces?
- Is your business the first that comes to mind for solving a problem?
- How excited are you and your employees day to day to be on the job?
- If you completely stopped working, how long would your business continue to run?
Value is more than cash. And strangely, just focusing on cash can result in less cash than focusing on developing the other parts of value too.
Build value, not just cash.